Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > No Longer Able to email scan reports to ...
No Longer Able to email scan reports to customers from my Maxi Sys Elite or IM508 from my Gmail

118 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2024-10-04 12:56:39

•   Level 6   
    (421) points
    witsend
    2024-09-10 21:41:40
    I still have valid update subscription on both tools 
     Called support and was told that Google put a stop to it due to Scanners running old Android versions with outdated security certificates. Is there any work arounds where Autel will let scanner share a saved PDF by blue tooth or a USB cable to my Android cell phone, then E mail it from my phone?

Tags: problem

•   Level 6   
    (421) points
    witsend
    2024-10-04 12:56:39 (Reply to:witsend)

Well, I sold my Maxi Sys Elite with Android version 4.4 because the update was expiring soon, and wanted to get The newer MS919 with with VCMI and Android 10 to replace it with, but the authorized USA dealer with the lowest price was out of stock but they had Ultras with Android 7.0 for like $700 more but it came with 2 free gifts, a BT608 Battery Tester (which included a little VCI 200 I could pair to the Ultra), and a AL529HD OBD code reader with 2 connectors for HD support)which is maybe a $400-$500 value, so factoring that in  to the difference I decided for the extra several hundred expense to splurge on credit card to get the Ultra with the larger screen and bigger memory versus a MS 919 with smaller screen and memory but the newer Android 10.
      I called support for guidance setting up Ultra of how to send scan reports via email and Chad V remoted into my Ultra and now the reports be shared by through Outlook and then email. He also helped me set up my MS508 to send scan reports again by email, but it wasn't through Outlook.
    I thank Chad V of Autel Support again for his help :-)
  Total1 Pages